Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Smashed to Smithereens By Clergy Sexual Abuse

This afternoon I drove past the old coffee shop where my abusive pastor and I used to meet.  (He wasn't one for sticking around his office, see).  For the past 3 years I've averted my eyes, knowing it was just past the high grass and down the hill, so I didn't need to verify its presence with a glance.  For a while after I walked away from him, I couldn't bring myself to enter a coffee shop without feeling ill.  And I love coffee, so that's saying something.

Today's glance, though, brought something different.  The building was Gone.  Totaled.  Razed.  Rubble.  NO MORE.

My heart leapt for joy.

"This temple will become a heap of rubble. All who pass by will be appalled and will scoff and say, ‘Why has the Lord done such a thing to this land and to this temple?" 1 Kings 9:8

The "temple" where I was tricked into worshipping this man who abused me with his words and his leering eyes lies destroyed.  And I know why the Lord has done such a thing: It's because He is the author of metaphor.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment